Sunday, October 7, 2007

Everybody needs a little Josh :o)

That's right - and too bad I'm not sharing?! But thankfully, there are others out there and one of my greatest friends - Melissa - found herself one! Even better, Josh (her new husband) is one of our greatest friends too!! It's really too good to be true... and slash mark number 2 for me and setting up my friends! I get to take credit (as much credit as us humans can take in this ordained world we live in and the wonderful God that watches over us) for two of my best friends and their now husbands :o) Kate and Greg - couple number 1... Lissa and Josh - couple number 2. Note to those of you that are single reading this - hang out with me long enough and I'm bound to find you the love of your life!

Josh and Lissa started dating last year at our wedding! How convenient :o) They were both in the wedding party and after we got home from our honeymoon, we heard that sparks were flying! So they followed in our footsteps - were engaged this summer on our engagement anniversary, and married this past weekend. How glorious?! I did warn them that the next few months might be more precious than they realize (aka - bun in the oven at month 4 of there marriage?! We'll see how closely they follow in our footsteps)

MY Josh and I were able to fly down to Minnesota this past weekend for the wedding and enjoy ourselves thoroughly! It was a small, outdoor, family and close friends affair and it was just gorgeous! It was unseasonably warm - but there was a gentle (and sometimes gale force) wind to keep us cool and keep the bugs (mostly) away. The rain came in and pushed off just about 30 minutes before the ceremony and we were able to enjoy the wedding and the rest of the day outside! I managed to zip up my dress - thankfully, and look as graceful as a whale in high heels. ( you can imagine that, right? whales don't even have legs... and sometimes, due to swelling, it didn't look like I did either! Just call me stumpy ;) So most of the pictures don't include my fancy shoes that I ditched post ceremony for my comfy flats! - forgive me for that! The blushing bride and groom were just gorgeous and happy as they could be!



On to the MOST enjoyable moments - please note the grin on my husband's face.

DESSERT! Yummy :o) He wasn't the only one enjoying the yummy sweets though ;o) We'll just say baby Lily had her fair share!
And so we carry on and my tummy grew by the hour (and the bite?!) 28+ weeks, so we've hit the 3rd trimester and we're in the 7th month! WHEW




Holy cow?! Look at me grow... ps - you're not aloud to say things such as "cow" in reference to me. (if you'd like to stay on my nice list) We had a lovely time and enjoyed being a part of the Linder (Melissa's) family for the weekend! And now - I'm off to NC to visit home, family and friends - and sadly without my husband :o( Pouty face and sigh go here.... Josh headed back to Anchorage to claim our sweet Graci from the kennel and enjoy (prayerfully) another week of work while I'm now resting on the couch at home planning a week of relaxing, shopping, and visiting with friends and family! As much fun as that is... it's bitter sweet without my husband!


Until next time....



1 comment:

Esther said...

Aw, man, Kristi, that's awesome!!! :-D Too bad I'm not in NC too...I wish I could see you. But I'm across the pond from you right now...being in London and all. I hope you have a great time in NC! Tell everybody hi for me! :-) I miss ya!