Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wow this is harder to keep up with than it use to be...













Richard and Reba - I got the book! That was SO sweet... you will get a formal thank you card - but I just remembered and I wanted to write it down now! It came when mom was here :) Those are some of the only pictures of Lily we have printed!!

Let's see.. a quick update - Lily's getting all sorts of teeth. She's got her 2 on the bottom, her two fangs on the top and the top middle two are coming in. She's also getting ready to cut two more on the bottom. She's not "crawling" Let's just say she takes her time and does things when SHE's ready. She's already stubborn :) She is really close - she gets up on all fours, she rocks back and forth and she army crawls! She says Mama and Daddy or DaDa now. She's constantly gurgling her spit or milk or anything in the back of her throat and giggling. She naps with her blankets - anything soft and cuddly... and as SOON as she touches it - no matter where she is, she puts her thumb in her mouth :) She loves to eat - especially anything she can feed herself. She usually her left hand mostly... And we just went to the Dr yesterday. She's got pink eye :*( That's what we get for going to church daycare!

I started work and it's been nothing short of Alaska-tastic as we now refer to it. We've had a bazillion things go wrong and come up with childcare and such. We really do things here by going 1 step forward and 7 back. We're still on the hunt for the perfect childcare... or I'll just quit? I'm only working 2 days a week - but the income is a nice bonus that allows us some more "fun" shall we say... and it's kinda nice to get out (even though it breaks my heart...)

Josh is still waiting to hear on his residency. WE're trying not to be hopeful because it's really not at all probable that he would get it this year -- he's applying a year early... and you know how quick the military moves - can you imagine them doing something early? But... all things considered, we still really hope we get it. We're tired of Alaska to say the least. It's just too far away - that's all!

Enjoy the pictures - including some from Josh's pie in the fact that he was awarded at work! Lily is currently crawling (imagine low crawling... army style) all over the place as I type! LOL

3 comments:

heather said...

yay for posted pics!!! kristi, she is sooo adorable...she looks like such a happy baby too...what a sweetie. hope you are doing well!!!

Anonymous said...

cute pics! love the scenery from the car window- wow!

Anonymous said...

It's hard to tell who she looks more like...it depends on the picture. I enjoyed talking to you today Josh. Kristi, all I can say is hang in there. I can relate to the loneliness you feel. It was especially hard when I was recruiting because I felt detached from everything. After my 17 years in the Air Force I can tell you that I talk to my dad on the phone everyday on my way to work. I am a daddy's girl and even though I've gotten used to not being close to home I still have to talk to him. I'll say a prayer and cross my fingers that you will get the residency. Daycare was hard for me too. I preferred home daycare myself. Feel free to send me an email anytime and I will be sure to keep in touch.